TIRANA, Feb 14 /ATA/ – Albania is forecast to experience mostly cloudy skies, light to occasionally heavy rains, gusty winds and possible thunderstorms on Wednesday.
The weather will be mainly cloudy with many parts of the country set to receive rains and with clear spells, especially to the south of Albania.
Remote mountainous areas in the country’s north and east will receive heavy snow in areas at an elevation of 400 meters above the sea level during the first half of the day and light snow later on the day.
The wind will blow from northwest to southwest direction at a speed of 1 to 18 meters per second. Gale winds of force 4 will cause 2.6 meter high waves.
According to the Meteorology Service, the air temperatures are predicted as following:
Mountainous areas -3°/4°C
Coastal areas 45°/8°C
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania