TIRANA, Feb 14 /ATA/- Minister of Defence Olta Xhaçka had a meeting with NATO Secretary General , Jens Stoltenberg, on the sidelines of the meeting of NATO Defense Ministers held on February 14 and 15 in Brussels.
“I briefed Secretary General on commitment of Albania which within 2024 will dedicate 2 percent of its GDP to the field of defense and also affirmed our country’s increased commitment to all NATO and EU missions as well as to new national mission as civil emergencies,” Xhaçka said after the meeting.
For his part, Stoltenberg praised Albania for meeting its commitments in the framework of its budget share dedicated to the defense.
NATO Secretary General also appreciated the human contribution of our country to peacekeeping mission, the dedication and professionalism of our forces.
The meeting of NATO Defense Ministers which is taking place in the last couple of days in Brussels is part of preliminary meetings before the Summit of the North Atlantic Treaty Alliance heads of states slated for July 11-12.
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania