TIRANA, Feb 13 /ATA/ – Heavy rain, snow and rapidly dropping temperatures swept across Albania over past 24 hours, causing deteriorating conditions on several road segments in the country’s northeast in particular.
The Civil Emergency Departments across the country reported that freezing rains and snow are resulting in treacherous conditions on several roads. However, all national roads remain open for traffic.
Light rain continues in the north-eastern region of Shkodra, whereas snow is falling in areas at an elevation of over 700 meters. National and rural road segments remain open for the traffic, but drivers should consider using tire chains while driving along several rural roads in remote areas of Shala and Theth. Despite these adverse conditions, local rivers and streams flows remain normal.
Moderate rain and snow are also falling in the northern regions of Kukes and Diber, but national segments and rural roads remain open for traffic, though use of tire chains on several roads is recommended.
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania