TIRANA, Feb 12 /ATA/ – By Z.Tosku/The park of Lake Farka has been enriched with an additional 200 trees thanks to the contribution of “A different weekend” initiative in response to Tirana municipality appeal to join the broad-scale action for greening the city.
The mayor of Tirana Erion Veliaj thanked the volunteers of “A different weekend” who decided to contribute their own time to go- green initiatives. He added that with investments made in this area and the trees planted during these months, Farka lake park is rapidly becoming a recreation destination and a second breath of fresh air to the city of Tirana.
Tirana mayor challenged the citizens to immortalize the most important events in their life by planting a tree at this area, but also the lovers asking them to celebrate February 14 by planting a tree as a testimony of their love. With less than a month from the closing of plantings season, Tirana municipality is fast reaching its target to plant 100 thousand trees.
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania