TIRANA, February 12/ATA/ – The city of Fier, south Albania has undergone a radical transformation in the frame of Urban Rebirth National Programme through road infrastructure investments, green areas, building façade painting as well as improving other public services having a positive impact to a qualitative life in the city.
Prime Minister Edi Rama took to social media Facebook on Monday to greet good morning via this outstanding Fier transformation views.
“Good morning and picturing this remarkable views of last evening Fier city centre which was inhabited by waste, bushes and permit-less buildings and where one of the Urban Rebirth National Programme projects was implemented I wish you a nice week ahead,” Prime Minister writes.
One of Fier Municipality projects implemented along with government’s support is the construction of Fier central park.
The central park, considered “the lung of the city,” was a place of ruined buildings, endless construction and urban remains, bushes etc, thus making the park one of the most hazardous places to anyone passing by in late evening hours.
The park is now transformed to a recreational space endowing Fier a new development perspective.
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania