TIRANA, Feb 11 /ATA/- A collection of artworks by Albanian accomplished sculptor Hytbi Tarelli, who perished two years ago, was exhibited over the last days at Albanian embassy in Canada.
An outstanding artist in the field of figurative arts, Hytbi Tarelli, has dedicated his work to the National Hero, Gjergj Kastriot Skënderbeu.
In a post on social network Facebook, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs says: The works of sculptor Hytbi Tarelli who has lived in Toronto and dedicated his main activity to Gjergj Kastriot Skënderbeu are on display at the Albanian embassy in Canada. Thanks to the family for the generous gesture. Artist lives on through his art. ”
Hytbi Tarelli was born in 1952 in the beautiful valley of Devoll in Albania. At the age of 10 he took the first art lectures from well-known artists of that time.
As an art lover, he would launch and take part in many paintings and sculpture exhibitions, personal showcases or in partnership with his peers, in Toronto and other cities of Canada.
He has sculpted the monument to the legendary commander Adem Jashari, which he donated to his family in person to be placed in Prekaz. The sculptor Tarelli perished in autumn 2016 in Canada./k.s/ /a.g/sm/
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania