TIRANA, Feb 10 /ATA/ – Albania and the United States navies held a joint military exercise in the Adriatic, simulating a series of joint engagement and combat actions, the Minister of Defence, Olta Xhaçka, said via Facebok on Saturday, posting also a photo gallery featuring the exercise.
The guided missile destroyer USS Ross and Albanian Naval Brigade patrol vessel ALS Iliria held a joint war-at-sea exercise in the Adriatic Sea.
“While their Butrinti war ship colleagues are patrolling Aegean Sea, the patrol vessel Iliria crew took part in a joint war-at-sea exercise with the guided missile destroyer USS Ross of the U.S. navy in the Adriatic,” Defence Minister said.
The exercise aimed to improve maritime capabilities, support NATO allies, partners and U.S. security interests in Europe.
This is not the first joint military drill between Albanian and U.S. forces. The exercise is an opportunity to improve relations and interoperability between the two navies.
- Hahn: EC willing to open negotiations with Albania
- As many as 1.2 mln Albanian citizens benefited from free medical check-up programme
- Albanian Alps exploration under Czech tourists major interest
- Castle of Mavrovo genuine values, a historic and tourist destination
- Culturetrip: 11 most stunning beaches in Albania