TIRANA, Feb 5 /ATA/- The internationally renowned Albanian soprano Ermonela Jaho has graced the stage of Beijing’s National Centre for Performing Arts in the role of Thaïs, the popular opera bearing the same name. She has performed alongside the veteran artist from Spain Placido Domingo who played the lead role, Athanael, in Jules Massene’s opera
Premiered in 1894 in Paris, the opera’s story follows that of the book – the journey of a monk named Athanael who lives in 4th-century Alexandria, Egypt, and tries to convert a courtesan called Thais to Christianity, only to find himself succumbing to her charm.
The creative force behind the NCPA’s version of Thais is Argentine director Hugo de Ana, who is also the set and costume designer.
Known for his spectacular sets and a regular guest at the world’s most prestigious opera houses, De Ana has previously directed NCPA’s other productions such as Giuseppe Verdi’s opera Macbeth and Antonin Dvorak’s opera Rusalka.
Beijing’s National Centre for the Performing Arts presents the French opera Thais as its first production of 2018.
Thanks to her brilliant voice and enviable performance on stage, the Albanian artist Jaho has unfolded her potential enchanting the public.
- Sea delimitation agreement with Greece based on equity
- Tirana, an ideal place to do business
- Berati, all year round attraction
- Bushati – Stenlund: Finland, a supporting role in the European perspective of Albania and the region
- Energy, infrastructure, food processing attract interest of roughly 200 Italian entrepreneurs