TIRANA, January 26/ATA/-Tirana City Hall is beginning a revolution even in the field of transport aiming at a green public transport in the capital.
“Tirana Green City” is not simply a slogan, but a revolution which has already started along with the courageous initiative of planting 2 million trees up to 2030 for the Orbital Forest.
The City Hall has actually focused on three main directions: Opening of the bicycle track and bringing to Tirana of 4 thousand bikes, the stimulation and renovation of the taxi fleet with e-taxis and thirdly and the most important the urban transportation.
Tirana will soon have the first line of totally green urban transport in accordance with Mayor Erion Veliaj’s promise. The Municipal Council due to convene on January 31 will take up for discussion the proposal of Tirana City Hall for establishment of a new e-bus line of transportation which will be called “The Green Line”.
This line is expected to be offered to that company which will bring the e-buses to Tirana, something that Mayor Veliaj has promised even before. The mayor has emphasized that the City Hall will give incentives to all those who will bring eco-friendly vehicles.
The draft-decision about itinerary of the e-bus line is already forwarded to the Municipal Council./a.g/p.s./
- Sea delimitation agreement with Greece based on equity
- Tirana, an ideal place to do business
- Berati, all year round attraction
- Bushati – Stenlund: Finland, a supporting role in the European perspective of Albania and the region
- Energy, infrastructure, food processing attract interest of roughly 200 Italian entrepreneurs