PRISTINA, Jan 19 /ATA/ – Minister of Economic Development, Valdrin Lluka, published on Friday the commercial contract signed by the government of Kosovo and investor “ContourGlobal” on thermal power station “Kosova e Re,” the biggest in the history of Kosovo.
At a news conference, minister Lluka pointed out that we have managed to complete the contract with one thousand pages and have made it accessible to anyone interested, even electronically.
It is difficult to clarify in detail how much the price of energy will go up with “Kosova e Re” thermal power station in place, Lluka said adding that it depends on financial instruments available for its construction.
According to him, this project worth EUR 1.3 bn will not be funded by the state budget.
This Thermal Power Plant is intended to provide adequate supply of energy and it is normal for it to have a high cost. The aim is to make sure the cost of construction will be as low as possible , Lluka said.
The Government of Kosovo and the U.S. company “Contour Global” signed on December 20, 2017 the agreement for the New Kosovo Thermal-Power Plant worth EUR 1.3 billion. This agreement provides for energetic independence and ultimately resolves an essential problem for Kosovo. / KosovaPress / k.s /sm/
- Sea delimitation agreement with Greece based on equity
- Tirana, an ideal place to do business
- Berati, all year round attraction
- Bushati – Stenlund: Finland, a supporting role in the European perspective of Albania and the region
- Energy, infrastructure, food processing attract interest of roughly 200 Italian entrepreneurs