TIRANA, Jan 11 /ATA/ By Gjergji Mima/ – The leader of Alliance for Macedonia Albanians , Ziadin Sela, in an interview with ATA, said that “Approval of the law on languages’ use is an essential advancement in the use of Albanian language in Macedonia.”
As a matter of fact, this law should have gone through parliament in 2004, but the conditions are in place now.
However, the head of Alliance for Macedonia Albanians said that the definition, the language spoken by 20 percent of Macedonia population, which should be replaced with Albanian language, is a major step ahead.
Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia approved Thursday with 69 votes pro the law on the use of languages.
The law contains 25 articles and stipulates that in all bodies of central government, central institutions, public enterprises, agencies, directorates, organizations, commissions, juridical persons exercising public activities, all officials, apart from Macedonian, will use the language spoken by 20 percent of Macedonia citizens.
- Sea delimitation agreement with Greece based on equity
- Tirana, an ideal place to do business
- Berati, all year round attraction
- Bushati – Stenlund: Finland, a supporting role in the European perspective of Albania and the region
- Energy, infrastructure, food processing attract interest of roughly 200 Italian entrepreneurs